Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi. I'm New.

Hello Scout,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the Newbie Support team here. I'm glad your friend recommended us to you, I hope you find the site just as helpful,. If you need any help getting around the board, please contact me

take care, Paula :hi:

Hi scout. I'm new here too and I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of this or even what I was looking for. I just knew that keeping everything bottled up inside wasn't working for me anymore. It has been a wonderful experience this past week hearing from others who have been through similar and completely different experiences coming together to help each other with their healing process.

Welcome to AS Scout :-)

This site has been a huge source of comfort and support to me through some really difficult times.

It is awesome having a place to connect with people who really understand my issues.

I hope you get as much from the community as I have

Take care

~Leah~

Wow! Too cool, NemosChild! Wonder who's older. What time were you born? I think I was around 5 in the afternoon. Something like that! How funny!

:)

Glad you found it and joined us, Scout ... Welcome ... we have the EXACT same birthday!!!!! that's so cool!!!! :)

So, after thinking about this for a while and trying to figure out how to introduce myself, this is what I've come up with. Thanks for reading!

I'm Scout. Yes, that's my given name. I love it! :) My partner/wife/lifetime love is the beautiful and amazing Jill. We are both survivors actually. Me to some pretty bad CSA and r*pe by a stranger. I was diagnosed with DID a few years ago. Still trying to figure it all out. Trying not to feel totally and completely insane and out of control. But, it's getting easier. And with Jill's help and support, I know that I'll ........ we'll ....... be ok! I have an amazing therapist who I've been seeing for about 6 years now.

I was told about this website by a friend and she said how much it has helped her. (I think I mentioned that before.) I've been overwhelmed with the welcomes and truly appreciate it! I'm hoping that by joining this site, I can not only get some feedback and help with my issues, but also try to help others too. I'm at the point in my life where I'm "ok" with what happened to me. I guess "ok" isn't really the right word, but I'm able to accept that it happened and I'm able to talk about it now and deal with it. I wouldn't be the person I am if it hadn't happened. If that makes any sense. And I am happy with who I am. I am proud of who I am. I LOVE ME!! :insane: Wild, crazy, insane me! :insane: ALL of me. I remember the days of shame and humiliation and guilt and just overwhelming depression. And I refuse to go back to that. I deserve better and so does everyone else here. Yes, I still have my down moments. I still have my depressive times. But, I try very hard to not let that take over.

I'm a pretty open book, so please do not hesitate to ask any questions!

Take care everyone!!! You deserve the best!!!!

Wow! Too cool, NemosChild! Wonder who's older. What time were you born? I think I was around 5 in the afternoon. Something like that! How funny!

Glad you found it and joined us, Scout ... Welcome ... we have the EXACT same birthday!!!!! that's so cool!!!! :)

I'm older! :) By about 15 hours! :)

I'm older! :) By about 15 hours! :)

• 5 months later...

Welcome!