I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to quickly give a list for advice...if you are a rape victim:
- TELL SOMEONE - Make your voice heard. You have one and it is damn sure louder than the abuser.
- PRESS CHARGES - I understand that some people are not able to. It can be too intimidating or too scary. But if I was given the chance to go back and get justice, I would have done it in a heartbeat. I regret not doing it. I live with the guilt of him possibly going out and doing it to someone else and I wish I would've done something.
- FIGHT LIKE HELL - NEVER GIVE UP! You make sure that you stand by your decision. Make this person suffer for what they did to you. Brand them like they did you. You are now a Sexual Assault Victim, they are now a Sexual Predator and they can NEVER live that down.
- DON'T BE EMBARRASSED - This is not something that is your fault, you can do this. Stand up for yourself and prove that you are stronger than what they think you are. You can be bigger than what they make you out to be.
- BE STRONG - If it feels like no one is in your corner, know that I am. It might not mean much since we don't know each other, but I am here for anyone who needs it. I wish to help people as much as I can. I will be in your corner no matter what. I support your actions, even if you don't follow my advice. It can be hard at times, but I will help you get through it if need be.
I hope this little 5 step advice helps even a little bit.