Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

lost_ktc

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I don't know where you are, but I would check into the statute of limitations laws to see if anything can be done since so many years have past. I know that in the state the I grew up in, the statute of limitations had passed before I said anything about it. Of course, that was 20 years ago, and luckily, the laws have changed (but too late for me). Good luck with everything. Take care, Katie
  2. queenie: I just read your post about lupus. I work for in rheumatology and have done several lupus clinical trials. I can't believe that your co-worker reacted that way! Geez! It's not something that you can "catch" from someone. How stupid! That really makes me mad. I am going to be doing a peds lupus trial soon (if it ever gets started). Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you! Take care, Katie
  3. Welcome! I'm rather new here myself, but I hope that you find it as comfortable and welcoming as I have. Take care, Katie
  4. I live in South Carolina, but I'm originally from North Carolina. I moved here 4 years ago.
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I really, really think that it has messed with my mind--facing the fact that I'm an adult now. Weird.
  6. I think turning 30 for me has been kinda weird because part of me still thinks of myself as that little girl, you know? I have a hard time believing that I'm 30 and "an adult."
  7. I turned 30 2 months ago (almost to the day!).
  8. Thanks for the welcome, y'all. I really appreciate it. It's been a rough month for me to say the least, but I actually did make it through yesterday without crying. Today, I had to read a chapter about PTSD for my general psychopathology class which was not easy. Good thing I am in therapy, though. Again, thank you for the kindness. I look forward to getting to know all you. Take care, Katie
  9. Hi all! I've been lurking all week, and I finally registered on Wednesday. I've tried to post on Wednesday and Thursday, and nothing ever seemed to come out right. I even tried saving two of the posts in case I wanted to work on them and post them. So here I am...giving it another try. I'm 30 years old, and I've never been married and don't have any kids. I live alone, and I'm currently in a clinical psych grad school program (just started last month). My abuse occurred when I was a child (ages 5-9), and I've been dealing with it off and on (probaly more off than on) for the past 20 yea