• Birthday 05/11/1983

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• MembershipType
    Survivor

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://
  1. "There were no words to take the sorrow away-but there were words to allow the sorrow to be present and those I offer you my friend. I will listen as long as you need me to and hold your hand longer than you ask. Who you are is who I love. We don't need to pretend that all is ok. All we need to do is be." -Bone Sigh Arts "The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself." -Lao Tzu "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another" -Charles Dickens "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -Anne Frank "Brave hearts don't back down" -Sophocles "I'd like to add some beauty to life,' said Anne dreamily. 'I don't exactly want to make people know more... though I know that is the noblest ambition. But I'd love to make them have a pleasanter time because of me...To have some little joy or happy thought that would never have existed if I hadn't been born.'" -Anne of Avonlea, T.M. Montgomery
  2. There's only now There's only here Give in to love Or live in fear No other road No other way No day but today -Rent, written by Jonathan Larson The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams -Eleanor Roosevelt Everybody sails alone But we can travel side by side Even if you fail You know that no one really minds -Heal Over by KT Tunstall This is a great thread... I'll come back because I know I have more but this is all I can think of at the moment.
  3. I love using nice smelling lotion. I bought this great body butter from bath and body in this new scent, "Dancing Waters" it makes me smell good, which makes me feel better. Taking long bubble baths. I have a jacuzzi tub in my bedroom (came with the apartment, seemed strange at first but I love it). I get some coffee, a few good books and my ipod and just sit and read and enjoy the warmth and the jets. Doing my makeup. On a daily basis I just use a light layer of foundation, bronzer and mascara. But sometimes, just for fun, I'll do myself all up with eyeliner and eyeshadow, just to make myself look "pretty." Working out. I always feel better after a nice hard run. When I'm all sweaty and tired and I collapse on my floor, I just feel good about myself. This is a great thread Nicole! I'm really glad you started it!
  4. Thanks for all the welcomes! Its good to be back here!
  5. Hi Everyone, I've been a member on here for just over a year now but for the past 3 or 4 months I have been completely MIA. This is because there has been a TON of new stuff in my life. First, I finished graduate school and now have my master's degree. I got a job and moved to a different region of the country. My job has been crazy. I'm an athletic trainer and fitness professional at a small college. My hours have been averaging between 60 and 80 hours a week since early August but things are slowing down a little. I've also acquired new pets in the past months. I still have Lily the bearded dragon, Kinsey the gerbil, and Addie the hairless rat and I've acquired Macie the tail-less rat, and Nike and Loke the parakeets. I'm living alone and am also dealing with new bills and the different lifestyle of living alone. And I am also an administrator at a relatively new site (call Survive To Thrive), which has taken up a lot of my free time outside of work. Feel free to check it out at survivetothrive.org. I also am working on a new relationship (first one in a long time) and that's bee pretty stressful because I am not real sure how I feel about relationships in general and my own judgment of others' character but I'm doing my best. So that's what has been going on with me. I look forward to reconnecting with those of you that I had become friends with and to meeting those of you who have joined since I've been away. For those of you who don't know, I am a survivor of 2 date rapes and an abusive relationship. I think that is all for now. Take Gentle Care, ~Athenaxena
  6. I love teddy bears... so, I'm in! Great idea Teazle.
  7. Hi Welcome to AS We're glad to have you. Take gentle care! ~Sarah~
  8. Hi Welcome to AS We're glad to have you. Take gentle care and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. ~Sarah~
  9. Hi We are glad to have you. I hope you find what you are looking for here. I am sorry for what has happened to you. Take gentle care of yourself. ~Sarah~
  10. Welcome back!
  11. Hi I hope you find what you are looking for here. We are glad to have you. I'm sorry you are hurting. ~Sarah~
  12. Hi I hope you find what you are looking for here. Glad to have you. ~Sarah~
  13. Hi Ayesha Welcome to AS! I hope you'll find what you are looking for here. The people on here are great and very willing to offer whatever support they can. Please don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it or to offer support if you are in a place where you are able. Take care, be well and go gently on yourself. ~Sarah~
  14. Hi Everyone.... So, I love going into chat and talking with all you fabulous survivors. I enjoy sharing stories, healing tips, jokes, and offering and receiving support when needed. Although there is one major thing that really bothers me. This is not to anyone specific, we all do it, I just wanted to remind everyone of one of the rules of chat. We want to help each other and chat is not a place to be sensored... but PLEASE, if you are going to be talking about something that is tough or potentially a trigger for people (something that you think would be a trigger) don't forget to give a warning. When you ask if people mind listening to you talk about something, please add in a trigger warning if needed. Like, "I want to talk about something... possible trigger for alcohol, is everyone ok with that?" I know that we can't predict what will trigger anyone, but there are topics that are relatively common triggers and its probably better to be safe and offer the warning than to inadvertently trigger another member. Please do not take this the wrong way. I don't want to censor and I want to help others and to know I can share when I need to. But I think the only way to do it safely is to offer the warnings. Once you've done that, it is up to each person in the room to take care of themselves... decide whether they want to stay in the room or switch to pm or something. I truly do enjoy chat and appreciate ALL of the help I have been given. Just wanted to post a reminder in hopes of making chat a more safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Be well and go gently on yourselves, ~Sarah~
  15. Hi Welcome to AS. The people on here are very supportive and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for help. I hope you find what you are looking for here. Good for you for starting to break your silence. Be well and go gently on yourself. ~Sarah~