• Content count

• Last visited

About Kirtly

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• MembershipType
    Survivor
  1. Thank you so much everyone.
  2. Thank you everyone, sincerely. Lily23, I know exactly what you mean with experiences being "not as bad" as others -- like I'm not allowed to be affected because it could have been so much worse, and I'm just supposed to get over it (and I have tried). I'm already feeling less alone. Very glad to have found this site.
  3. Hi, I've been told I need to talk more (in general), but about some things in particular. And for me typing is a hell of a lot easier than talking, which is why I'm here. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out if my situation warrants acceptance in a group like this. I was touched inappropriately by a close friend for several years as a teen/young adult, but it never went further than that, and I continued to be friends with him for much longer than I should have. I always pushed him away, but otherwise I just tried to ignore it, especially when there were other people around. I feel extremely guilty for not standing up for myself (clearly I was old enough to) and for not getting him out of my life sooner. Now, I'm in a serious relationship, and my past experiences with this guy have brought up some issues that I didn't even realize were there. I guess I'll leave it at that for now. Please let me know if you don't think this is the right place for me.