• Content count

• Last visited

About desertlily

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• MembershipType
  1. Hi

Thanks everyone for welcoming me. This site is a Godsend...I am having some of my worst days so its good to know there is a safe place to come and feel accepted
  2. Hi

Thank you for the welcome. I would be interested in any future UK meet ups!
  3. Hi

Just want to say Hi and how inspired I feel after reading some of the posts. Thank God there is a place like this
  4. Hi I just signed up to the site and read with admiration and a heavy heart many of the posts. Like Blakey22 I was also drunk and possibly drugged when I was raped on several occasions. Piecing it all together after blackouts, I finally reported my attacker (who I had sadly dated) 2 days after. I was worried I would not be believed and as I await the outcome as to whether it goes to court or not, I feel mixed feelings. I feel I have done the right thing, (I want to try to protect other women) but it has been difficult. Giving evidence is not easy, although the police (women) I have encountered have been very kind. What the outcome will be, God only knows, however I believe one way or another justice is done. I am so saddened to see how many women have suffered and how many abusive men are out there! If you can find the strength then report it, but get as much support during this process. If however you cannot report it, don't blame yourself or take on guilt. You have to look after yourself and do what is right for you.