About br0ken

• Rank
    One day at a time

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• MembershipType

Contact Methods

• Website URL
  1. I know there is a subforum for "Forced into Prostitution" and it seems to me that the thread currently has two subsets of people posting in it. One set was sold to people for sex, and the other subset sold themselves in order to get money, an expression of self hate, etc. I don't know if anyone else thinks there should be two separate threads for the two subsets, but I know as the first subset, I have no idea what the second subset went through on the streets and can't really offer much in the way of support or relating to what they have gone through. I was wondering if there could be another threads for those trafficked/sold for sex, or however it would be worded.
  2. I was just thinking this too!
  3. I'm new here too. I really like it so far. It's very welcoming and supportive.
  4. Thanks so much for the welcomes everyone. I think I am really going to like it here.
  5. Hello. I'm new here and so happy I found this place. I'm coming from a different forum that could be downright hurtful at times. It almost pushed me over the edge recently and that's why I went looking again. I REALLY like how the sub-forum types of sexual assaults has all those threads. That's a great idea and I will definitely be making a stop in a lot of them. Thank you to everyone who requested threads in that area. A quick background (trauma, non-abuse): *Custody battles until I was 11 years old *Grandma (legal guardian) died when I was 7 *Mom died when I was 11 (AIDS) *Grandpa died when I was 14 ****MT**** Trauma (Abuse): *sexual, physical, and emotional abuse as far back as I can remember *trafficked/prostituted here (USA) and abroad (in Europe) *beatings with whips, chains, belts, etc. that lead to a fractured vertebra *saw someone killed *forced to kill/beat others *forced to eat bodily fluids ****END TRIGGER**** Aftermath: *Needing to "deserve" things like food, water, showers, etc. *HORRIBLE self esteem *Severe depression *self injury starting in elementary, worst at age 14 when I was cutting. I infrequently cut now *anorexia helped to stop the flashbacks I got while eating, but landed me in in-patient (summer 2005). I no longer get flashbacks so eating isn't (usually) a problem (unless I don't deserve it) Positives: Graduated college with 3.33 GPA have full time job with benefits training for a powerlifting meet (at least I'll be strong physically) going back to school for physical therapist degree one of my abusers is dead