Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

AstridB

• Content Count

• Last visited

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• MembershipType
    Survivor

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I am kind of new, so I don't remember that other name or profile.. but welcome back
  2. Welcome to AS. There are international members and others with sleep disturbances, so you will probably find somebody awake sometime.
  3. Welcome to AS. I have found a lot of great advice here and endless support.
  4. AS is the only forum I have been one, and I really like it.
  5. Welcome to AS. There are many active members and great moderators.
  6. As I am further along in my healing, I can understand many of the sexist comments and have empathy for those making them. However, as a survivor of a female rapist I have problems with being lumped into the "perp" box by people who share the same gender as my own rapist. I know that some people may not understand how I can empathize while simultaneously feeling invalidated or accused on the basis of gender, but I think that most survivors here can understand why it would be problematic. It may be harder for those in the majority here to understand it, but I do know that many try and that me
  7. Many times I don't even know who are male and female here because we can't see gender. I know of a few males and I really value their input and encouragement in the group. They are great members and I hope they always feel comfortable here. I think when victims make sexist comments it's because they are angry or scared, but mainly trying to protect themselves. It isn't healthy, and we should all feel encouraged to help that person heal and realize their sexism is holding them back from regaining a positive outlook on life.
  8. Hi Don't be afraid to share your stories here. It has helped me a lot and this site is very supportive.