• Content count

• Last visited

About talentedcher

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• MembershipType
  1. Wow this chart was really useful. I look at it and I can definitely see where I was 4 years ago or so compared to now. It's been a slow progression, but I definitely see myself mostly in the thrivor category, with some in the survivor category. I still feel unsure about sharing my story though. It's not something I tell a lot of people, but if I feel the person is safe, I will share. Other than that, life is day to day for me. Sometimes it's tough when reminders or nightmares occasionally come along. But now I feel more of a fighting spirit then I once did. I feel very passionate about helping victims of sexual assault. I'm working on becoming a nurse, and hope to one day become certified to help in that area.
  2. Thanks everyone for your welcome. I'm still trying to learn my way around the site. But it's good to know there's others out there listening. I can understand everyone is at a different place in their healing process. I look back at the changes I have made over the last 3 years or so and I can see a difference from where I was to where I am now. I think this issue has become a very significant one for me, and I hope to do everything I can to help others, as I have been helped through a lot of difficult stuff.
  3. Welcome. At 21 you're probaby farther ahead than I was when I was that age and facing a lot for the first time.
  4. Well I hope joining this group is going to be something helpful for me. I just thought I'd write a little introduction and say hi. I hope having others here on a similar journey will help all of us. I think I'm doing ok on my healing journey, but of course it always continues with its ups and downs, so I thought it would be good to have a place to come for the times when it's rough. talentedcher