Previous Fields

• MembershipType
    Survivor

Contact Methods

• MSN
    kyukidojen@hotmail.com
  • Website URL
    http://jenn-livingproof.blogspot.com
  1. Hi. i just saw that you are into martial arts, xo am I :) It took me awhile to be able to grapple cos i hate being touched but after nearly a year i love it. I do Kiado Ryu Martial arts with my 8 year old son. I have learnt so much about self defence and self discipline. I have just started teaching the new kids, mostly 5-7 year olds the basics and i love it.

from Boop (Esther) 

2. Welcome to After silence. I am so sorry you were hurt. The Share Your Story thread reared that you have 10 posts.
  3. Welcome! I am a cat lover too. I've got five. Furbis, Calliah, Bayleigh, Isobel, and Tabibito. They are work but I can't imagine life without them.
  4. Welcome. You 2ill find this a helpful place filled with support, understanding, and encouragemeng. Hope to get to know you more in the future
  5. Jus, welcome to After Silence. I am a section moderator for the Share Your Story section. Once you have ten posts of any kind you can access that forum. It is a safe place to share whatever you want to. I've been here at after silence for many years and can hoestlu say it'really helped me. Good luck and if you need help feel free to contact my via PM or any of the other modrrayptd. Welcome aboard.
  6. Buey, I myself have been through some extreme tr@uma on once in all the years I have Baan here has someone expresses discomfort in reading the parts of my story I've chosen to share. Welcome to as!
  7. Donna, welcome to After Silence. This is a safe, understanding, and supportive place. A lot of healing happens here, not just by being heard but also by doing the hearing. Take your time and don't feel pressured to post or say anything in particular. This is now your safe place, where you share as much or as little as you want. Welcome. If you have any questions, especially about the Share your story section (which I moderate) feel free to send me a private message.
  8. Hi Ashley. Welcome to After Silence. The support and healing I have found on this site has changed my life. I hope you find it as helpful as I do. You are very brave to be reaching out. I wish I would have had that kind of courage when I was engaged. Instead, I kept it a secret for the first seven years of our marriage, and it drove a wedge between us. I have since opened up to my husband, and found an excellent therapist who is well able to help me overcome some pretty horrible things. My marriage improved as I started to heal. My husband has stood by me through some very challenging times. I hope you find After Silence to be as helpful as I have over the years. There is a lot of healing in being heard as well as in doing the hearing. Welcome to a place where you will be understood and supported in your healing journey.
  9. Tom, Welcome to After Silence. You are very brave to be sharing your story with your family. That is such a huge and scary step. I have been here at AS for years. It has helped me so much, both to be heard and to be hearing. I hope you find it to be as helpful as I have. What happened to you was not your fault. It was horrible, and it is entirely their fault. You deserve to be heard and supported, and AS can do that for you. Again, welcome. Jenn
  10. Welcome to After Silence, Ellen. I am so sorry for what happened to you. I've been here for years. It has been a big part of my recovery. Both to be heard and also do the hearing. I hope you find AS to be a helpful as I have.
  11. Welcome to After Silence. I call my childhood and the horrible things that happened then "It" too. Even in therapy. I can't think of a better name. I hope you find AS to be as helpful and supportive as I have over the years. It's made a huge difference in my life.
  12. Welcome to After Silence. It can be triggering here, but I've found that the support and encouragement FAR outweigh the triggers. People are pretty good about posting trigger warnings, and you'll quickly learn what sections are more likely to trigger you. I hope being here helps you as much as it's helped me.
  13. Welcome to AS, Kaikins. You are a survivor, and you can do more than just survive - you can thrive! This is a great community, one which I think you'll find very supportive and understanding.
  14. It was absolutely not your fault. You were an innocent child. He was a monster. I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but I am glad you found us.
  15. Welcome Kasha. I don't have memory issues or dyslexia, but there are STILL times when I can't type. You are absolutely welcome and allowed to be here. I think you'll find us a pretty accepting group.